Wednesday 2 April 2014

Kitchen Makeover: The After!

Finally I am back with my kitchen makeover after photos!! The project really didn't take much time at all but I didn't want to post photos until all the little finishing touches were complete.  

We are so so happy with this transformation.  A little bit of paint and some work put in totally changed the look and feel of this space.  The new paint gave it an update but the back splash and chalkboard wall helped give the space some character to match the rest of our home!  The painted counter top has held up amazing so far with only one little chip which was my own fault for not sanding properly in between coats (what can I say I got lazy and was excited to just be finished and start decorating - hehe!).  I will post a more in depth tutorial this week on how I painted the counters and what I used.  For now ... check out the photos! 

I'll post a couple before ones first just to refresh your memory: 






So as I said in my last post about the kitchen, it wasn't that bad ... but we were so excited for a change! 

Check it out!

*The knobs are all the same but we switched up the drawer pulls and love the look!! Such a simple tip!

*I love how the darker cabinets have totally refreshed the look of our white appliances.  Rather than just blending in and looking kind of drab they now look bright and white again!

*We decided to go with a darker grout to help showcase the tiles and break up all the white! This should help with kitchen stains as well - white grout may be much harder to keep clean.

*We kept the section of butcher block to avoid too much wear and tear on the painted counters!

*As you can see here we left these cabinet doors off to give the space a different look and store recipe books! It is now so much easier to just grab a book when needed.

*We moved the microwave here to make more room on the other counter for my Kitchen-Aid stand mixer! I was tempted to paint the stool and the table for the microwave but I kind of like how it warms up the space and matches with the butcher block section on the other side.

* I took these photos in bright daylight so the wall color is hard to see - but it is a really great basic "greige" colour. 

*One of my favorite parts is this chalkboard wall!  This gives the space some character and I can't wait to change up the quotes based on the season or holiday!



 
 
Paint Colors Used:
 
Walls: Behr - Mineral
Cabinets: Behr - Perfect Taupe
Counter Tops: Behr - Swiss Coffee
Chalkboard Wall: Rust-oleum Black Chalkboard Paint



Hope this provided some inspiration to you on how a little bit of paint can completely transform the look and feel of a space!! Happy Sunday! 




1 comment:

  1. Debbie Matthews6 April 2014 at 08:37

    It looks beautiful, now can I place an order for back splash in my kitchen?? hmm?

    ReplyDelete