Thursday 6 March 2014

A quick kitchen organization tip ...

So my husband asked if I would bake some banana bread tonight (probably just to use up some of the 50 bananas we have in our freezer!) and in doing so, I thought I would quickly share one of my favorite kitchen organization tips! 

I love baking and cooking and find this really helps me stay organized and quickly reach for what I need.  It's super simple ... I hang my measuring cups and spoons on the inside of a cupboard door! That's it! 

It sounds so simple and I have often been poked fun at for being too organized (ummm, I have to object ... you can never be too organized!) but this makes such a huge difference for me and I can't live without it!  When I moved into my new house I didn't have it up right away and anytime I tried to bake it drove me nuts so it wasn't long before I did it again. 

Here is a photo of what it looks like:


You can use different options for the little hangers but all I used were the 'Command Damage Free' hooks.  You can also drill small holes and screw in tiny hooks but I like the fact that I can easily remove these hooks if needed.  You do not need to use an actual label maker like I did but I do recommend labeling them somehow just to make it that much easier to distinguish.  You can use little stickers with handwritten numbers or even print them out on small printable labels.  However, if you have ever even considered  purchasing a label maker .... do it! I don't mean to condone bad spending behavior (haha!) but if you are the type of person who likes to organize or wants to simplify your life a bit, a label maker is a great addition to your family. :)  I use mine all the time!

Here are some more close up photos of the finished result:



Again it's a super simple tip and I'm sure you have seen this all over Pinterest! You can definitely be more creative to make it prettier (which I may do since I have a kitchen remodel project happening soon) but I also find it simple yet effective like this! 

Hope you all have a wonderful evening and enjoy the upcoming weekend!  With my kitchen project starting this weekend I think I will savor this downtime and pour myself a cup of tea and test out that banana bread I mentioned. :)  


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment