Monday 13 January 2014

Make-Up Monday: Stila Eyeshadow

Hey lovelies!



Welcome to my first "Makeup Monday" post!  I wanted to keep it short today and just tell you about a new eye shadow I picked up this weekend.  As some people already may know, I've been obsessed with only MAC eye shadow for as long as I can remember.  I have every shade I could ever need and love the formula and pigmentation.  Because of this I rarely step out of my box and try new eye shadows.  This has recently changed as I have been wanting to try new things that I can more easily get my hands on (my town doesn't have a MAC counter so I can only order online).  

This weekend I spent some time browsing the cosmetic section of a Shoppers Drug Mart location that I don't make it to often and realized they have a whole Stila section!  Stila is a great makeup brand and I have tried a few things from their line in the past so I was so excited to discover this! 




I immediately gravitated to the eye shadows because I know the shade "Kitten" is a cult favorite in the beauty world.  I tried it on my hand and ... O. M. G. ... it was love at first sight! The formulation is beautiful and creamy (although not a cream shadow) and it is so highly pigmented!  One swipe on the back of my hand and I was convinced this was my new favorite shadow!  I have been wearing it for a few days now and it stays put all day long. After a long workday and a family dinner afterwards, I looked in the mirror and it looked just as pretty as in the morning when I applied it! It also had no fallout like a lot of shimmery colors can have.  


"Kitten" is a gorgeous shade - I have been using a light dusting of this all over the lid, then following up with a darker color in the crease for some definition.  It also makes for a perfect inner corner shade to brighten up the eyes.  I could see this color working well on a variety of skin tones because it is a shimmery, champagne/wheat-colored nude.  I would be careful on more "mature" skin due to the high shimmer factor as it may highlight some flaws or wrinkles in the skin that you may not want to be highlighted.  But, speaking of highlighting - this shade would also work well if you use a very light hand and highlight your cheekbones, brow bones, center of your nose, cupid's bow etc.  


If "kitten" isn't your shade of choice I would still recommend checking out other colors in the Stila eye shadow range.  This is definitely a new favorite for me and I am excited to expand my collection! 

Happy Monday!



2 comments:

  1. I have tried the eye shadows but not that colour! You just sold me!!! P's we should go to an IMATS together!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes the colour is amazing - I am in love! I'm having a hard time not wearing it every single day haha! And YES PLEASE we totally should!!! xo

    ReplyDelete