Thursday 16 January 2014

Organizing: Packing Tips

Hey Friends! 

As I started packing today to head out on a weekend getaway with the hubby, I thought I would share my favorite tip for packing!  I used to be terrible at packing (or should I say, over packing) for trips.  It's like all of a sudden I discovered that I actually loved every single piece of clothing I owned and couldn't go anywhere without taking my entire closet with me! 

** I really wish I felt like that while getting ready for a night out and can't seem to find anything to wear!!  Am I right ladies!??

Anyways ... I have always been a list-maker so one day while writing my packing list I came up with a new strategy.  I write down each day I will be gone and what events I will need an outfit for.  Now, don't get this mixed up with pre-planning my outfits because I don't necessarily do that. I get stressed out trying to plan specific outfits because who knows what I will feel like wearing on that specific day!  Instead I do something that looks a little like this:

Friday:

1. Driving Outfit
2. Concert Outfit
          - dressy outfit & brown boots

Saturday:

1. Shopping Outfit
          - comfortable outfit & taupe boots w/studs
2. Dinner Outfit
          - dressy outfit and black boots

Sunday:

1. Shopping Outfit
          - comfortable outfit & taupe boots w/studs
2. Dinner Outfit
          - dressy outfit and black boots 

Monday:

1. Driving Outfit 

By writing it out I know what I need outfits for and can narrow down my choices.  I go through each day and pick something suitable, then check it off the list.  I usually bring a couple options for each scenario that way I still have some selection (and yes that means I still over-pack - but not as bad as without this list!!)

Once I started writing my packing lists out this way I noticed a huge improvement in my skills (and have more room for my hair, makeup, jewelry, shoes, etc, etc, etc!!!) ... and find packing much less overwhelming.  

It's a simple tip and may be useless to some but it has helped me a lot so I thought I'd share!! Now ... back to packing!! :) 

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and stay tuned next week because I will be posting my 2013 favorite skincare finds! 







                              



1 comment:

  1. I'm a list maker too and an over packer! I'm doing my fave Makeup finds for 2013 next week haha!

    ReplyDelete